March 6th, 8h
Feb 21th, 26th 16h
December 12th, 18th, January 23rd, 29th, Feb 6th, 13, 20th 52h
The tail attachment took a couple of month, as it was interrupted by the christmas trip and covid. The two took about more than a month.
December 5th, 8h
Today, we finished many small projects: redrill rib for avionics, fixing shoulder harness, wing attachments, rudder cable attachment. Lastly, we had to move plane for handyman who coming to fix the leeking garage roof.
October 24th, 31st, November 7th, 14th 32h
Installed the brake lines, lock tight vent lines and break lines, installed brake reservoir, installed rudder lines assembly, set up the drilling for the placement rib (the previous one had one hole badly drilled).
Finished the vent system.
September 26th, October 2nd, 10th, 16th 28h
August 15th, 22nd, 29th, August 4th, 12th, 19th 48h
I researched avionics, I decided to go for a combination of Dynon and Garmin, since I already have some Dynon parts based on my original reasoning for VFR only. Now that I decided to go for IFR, I ended with a mix, since the IFR navigator has to be Garmin. I contacted both AFS and Stein Air. I received better quotes from AFS.
I researched and bought the engine, I ended up selecting the Lycomyn IO360. I also ordered the fuel and brake lines.
Installed the insulation.
A little more work with the electrical Flap Mechanism.
Fitted, drilled, debured, and primed the avionics panel parts.
July 25th, Oshkosh July 30th to august 1st, August 8th, 16h
I spent the weekend of July 30th to august 1st at Oshkosh with my airplane build body, Paul, and his dad. We had a lot of fun looking at the various airplanes, avionics and trying many RV7s.
July 3rd, 11th 16h
June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th 30h
Mounted flap attachment parts and tested that the flap mechanism moves with an external battery.