May 10th, 7.5h
First, I need to finish the last steps of the priming preparation:
- Applying alumina prep
- Applying acetone
Then I went ahead with priming:
- Both leading edges
- One remaining rib from each leading edge
- join plate between leading edge and fuel tank
- All the top skins
- All Access plates
- The of the main spar, back spar and ribs. These need to be primed to protect the areas of the countersinking and dimple cleaning.
April 15th, 20th, 28th, 10h
While Riveting the fuel tank with the sealant, I took some breaks from the sealant to get some progress as well with the rest of the wing.
- I Deburred and dimpled the upper skins of right wing
- I dimpled the skeleton of the left wing.
- I dimpled the back Spar of the left wing
- I deburred and dimpled the skeleton of the right wing.
- I smoothed the edges of the upper skins.
- I dimpled the back spar for the right wing.
February 23rd and 24th, 10h
Deburring and dimpling lower wing Skins for both left and right wing and one of the fuel tanks:
February 14th, 6h
The second leading edge went great
February 12th, 9h
In order to start working on the leading edge, I built a cradles to hold the leading edges while attaching the ribs. The crib did hold the leading edge great.
Then I started working on the leading edge. I started with the left one, so it involved the stall horn system. I decided to go both with the stall horn and AoA, I am a big believer in redundancy in safety critical components. so I did the prep work for the stall horn. Then I moved on to attaching the ribs.
Then, the fun part started:
- I attached the leading edge to the main buddy.
- I added the inboard rib that did not have pre patched holes.
- I added the attachment skin that links the main leading edge to the fuel tanks.
- I drilled the inboard rib and attachment skin.
- I drilled all the ribs of the leading edge both to the main spar and the skin.
The results looks great:
Next is the right wing leading edge.
February 9th and 10th, 10h
In oder to do the wing skin, I have to change the attachment of the wing rig so that the rig is not in the way of the wing. So instead of setting the spar on top of the angle bracket at the tip side of the wing, I had to attach the angle bracket to the tip rib.
Afterwards it was time to cleco and drill both wings. The final outcome is rewarding: